IAC – INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION
The International Art Competition (IAC) is a part of the Festival “ May in Cividale Youth 2022”.
In collaboration with I CREATION
THE DATE OF SUBMISSION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO November 30, 2021.
The subject for IAC for the year 2022 is “Water”, water in all natural or social manifestations (river, lake sea, rain, snow, irrigation, waterfalls, watermills, etc).
The Participation to the Competition is FREE OF CHARGE.
The Competition aims to stimulate students’ creativity through individual creation in visual arts, and will foster International Art and Cultural Exchange in the next future. We are happy to annnounce that our partner in Hong Kong, I CREATION is happy to host the IAC in 2022.
We hope that adults and leaders in various countries will develop better understanding of the young generation, and support and promote their art skills to give them a better preparation for life.
- Downloading Forms (ANNEX A – ANNEX B – ANNEX C);
- Submission of works: by shipment and email to the address indicated at point 5, before 30 November 2021;
- Announcement of results: within 30 January 2022 (results will be announced on the website of the competition);
- Exhibition of awarded works: 15 Febraury 2022 (location to be announced on the website of the competition);;
- Prize Winner Presentation Ceremony: 13 March 2022;
- Return of works: All works will be retained for educational purposes and will NOT be returned.
All students are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Participants are divided into 4 Groups as follows (entrants’ age should be calculated as at 1 January 2021):
- Group 1: 5 (or younger) to 8 years of age;
- Group 2: 9 to 11 years of age;
- Group 3: 12 to 14 years of age;
- Group 4: 15 to 18 years of age.
Other 2 Groups are scheduled for young disabled, with the following division.
- Group 5: 5 (or younger) to 11 years of age;
- Group 6: 12 to 18 years of age.
5. Entry Requirements:
- All entries should interpret and reflect the theme “WATER”.
- Artwork can be created of any material or media (e.g. painting, printmaking, photography, collages, and computer graphics) in 2-dimensional format of small thickness, (up to 5 mm max). Fragile, dangerous, polluants or emitting odour materials should be avoided.
- Artwork must have a minimum size 40×40 cm and a max size of 100 cm x 100 cm, and should be folded or rolled up and NOT framed. The artwork can be of any shape (rectangular, square, round, etc ).
- Each student should not submit more than TWO pieces of work. Group work is NOT accepted.
- Each entry should be accompanied with an artist’s statement of not more than 50 words in English interpreting the idea of the artwork. The artist’s statement should be typed in the space provided in the Entry Label and saved as a digital file. The digital Entries must be of the entrant’s own concept and creation, executed by the entrant, (in jpeg format) (Annex B);
- Each entry should be accompanied with a completed and signed Declaration and Permission Form, (Annex C);
- Entries not complying with the competition requirements will be disqualified.
- All works should be sent by mail to the following address:
IAC (International Art Competition)
Convitto Nazionale Paolo Diacono
P.tta Chiarottini, 8
33043 Cividale del Friuli – Italia
- Intellectual Property Rights:
All participating students, students’ parents or tutors, as well as the school should note and agree to the following:
No entries infringing intellectual property rights will be accepted. In case the presenters, co-organisers or any related/affiliated organisations of the Competition are put to any legal actions, demands, claims and costs arising from the entries that are infringing intellectual property rights, the entrants concerned shall accept full liability and indemnify the presenters, co-organisers or any related organisations of the Competition for all loss and damages.
- The Presenters retain the right to edit, alter, publish, or use any entries in any forms for exhibition and education purposes.
- All entries complying with the competition regulations will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the theme: “WATER”;
- Visual appeal and aesthetic quality;
- Originality and creativity;
- Use of techniques and media and Presentation skills.
The decisions of the judging panel are final.
Prizes are as follows:
- First Prize:
2 Works will be chosen for each Group of entries, (12 Works in total).
Each First Prize will be awarded Euro 500 cash and a certificate, and the winner will also be invited to attend the Prize Winner Ceremony. For the awarded entries submitted outside Italy a 4-day (3 nights) accommodation in CIVIDALE DEL FRIULI will also be offered to attend the Prize Winner Ceremony.
- Honourable Mention: Up to 40 will be chosen from all the entries and each will be awarded a Certificate of Merit.
- Certificate of Appreciation:
Up to 50 will be chosen from all the entries and each will be awarded a Certificate of Appreciation.
Results of the adjudication will be announced on the website in ———-.
- I Creation Prize for Imagination: 1 work will be chosen from the entries of Group 1-4 and and 1 work will be chosen from the entries of Group 5-6. Each prize will be awarded Euro 200 cash and a certificate, and the winning pieces will be applied onto stationery for the promotion of cultural events. Click for details.
All artworks awarded First Prize or Honourable Mention will be exhibited during May 2021 in a place to be announced on the website of the Competition.
8. Prize Winner Ceremony:
The Ceremony will be held in CIVIDALE DEL FRIULI on 13 March 2022.
9. Return of Entries:
Entries will be retained for educational purposes and will NOT be returned.
For enquiries, please contact by e-mail the curating organisation:
IN COLLABORATION WITH
I Creation Prize for Imagination: 1 work will be chosen from the entries of Group 1-4 and and 1 work will be chosen from the entries of Group 5-6. Each prize will be awarded Euro 200 cash and a certificate, and the winning pieces will be applied onto stationery for the promotion of cultural events.
For more information, click here, and download the Masterclass brochure.